Thursday, October 30, 2008

Separated

Dear Journal,

They're fighting again. When my mom and dad sat me down, in the living room, I thought we're going to have the "sex talk". I was prepared for anything or so I thought. What I heard over the next few minutes changed my life forever.

Dad:"Son, Your mom and I have been drifting apart lately and we feel it would be best for everyone if we distanced ourselves. So in plain terms we are getting a divorce."
Mom: "We still love you so much but we can't be next to each other right now."
Dad:"But look on the bright side you'll get more presents and you can sleep at two different houses every week, won't that be fun."
Mom:"So Tommy you haven't said a word yet, how does this make you feel?"

I stared at them for a couple of minutes, I stood up, and walked toward them. I clenched my fists as hard as I could and while I was up nothing bu anger was boiling inside me. "How do I feel huh?
You guys just told me the most devastating news of my life and ask me a stupid question like that... How the fuck do you think I feel. You're breaking this family apart and you try to butter me up with presents. I fucking hate you guys, just leave me alone." After I said that I stormed off to my room, slammed the door, and locked it.

I pressed my ear against the door and tried to hear if my parents were saying anything, but all I could hear was the silence that I had left. I threw myself on my bed and tried to think of how my life would change...

...Man this sucks.

No comments: