Monday, October 13, 2008

Trust and bad memories

Nobody in life is perfect, everyone has at least one “unflattering” thing about themselves that they wish they did not have or never happened. Maybe when they here they think about the word, unflattering. They might think about something in their appearance or maybe some embarrassing moments in their lives that always brings them down.
For me an unflattering thing I don't like about myself is my trust for others, especially family members. For instance when I was six years old my mom forced me to go to my cousins new house in Everett, my cousin Taina wanted to tag along too. I am just sitting in the car playing with my superman toy and complaing, "do I have to go."
We finally arrived at my cousins house. We all greet one another and I am just staying behind my mom so I don’t have to talk to anyone. Then my mom tells me that she has to forgot something in that car and she needs Taina’s help to find it. She tells me to stay and she’ll be back in a minute. I’m very gullible and way too trusting, so I believe her. So I am standing at the closed front door and I heard the car door open and then close. Next I heard the engine turn on and I’m thinking she’s probably needs the light, that’s why the engine is on. Lastly I ear the car tires squeak and drive away until I couldn’t hear anything. I said to myself she is definitely coming back but my aunt says don’t bet on it. Even when all hope is lost I still trust my mom that she will come back. She never came back.
So I spent my first two hours crying at their front door waiting for my mom. Later in the night I start to warm up to my cousins and play with them. Now I love going over their house to have some fun, but whenever we meet new people or they just want a quick laugh. They always bring up that story when my mom abandoned me. They will always laugh no matter what and I don’t think they will ever stop. So my trust in others is the most unflattering thing in my life. Sometimes trust in others can be good but too much trust will make you gullible.

No comments: