Sunday, October 19, 2008

Real Deal

Don't you dare use that excuse again. While I was still living at the projects I was going through my "do whatever anyone tells you". This was a negative characteristic of mine. Whever my cousins and I cause some mischief they would always tell me to do the dirty work. No matter what it was I always did it no questions asked. Steal from my mom's wallet, sure no problem.Each and every time I would always get caught and then blame my cousins. I knew it was wrong, and yet I never said no.

We won.! After so many hard fought battles...we did it. The boys varsity soccer team has done nothing both struggle this whole season. We started the season 0-5 and things weren't looking very good, but the one thing we never lost was hope. Through all of this we became stronger as a team. Until the day when we faced Cathedral and played the greatest soccer of our lives.

All I saw was the Eiffel tower emerging over the horizon. After a week and a half in Italy and my "People to People" delegation was heading to France. Our first destination was the city of lights, Paris. I awoke the next day around seven o'clock and then some time later got on the bus and went toward the center of the city.

Time seemed to stand still as my head made its descent to the bottom of the pool. Will I ever...see the light again. It was my second day attending the "Boys and Girls club" summer program. I kept pleading with my mother to let me stay at home while she turned her back and ran through the front door. I looked at the activity board and looked what my group would be doing today. My heart was beating fast , my shoulders tensed up, as I was reading the two most dangerous in my vocabulary, Swim Day.

After all the hard work I put in, it just can't end like this. I knew that this year soccer season would be tough, so I was going to be prepared. I started by attending the lightening soccer camp. The kids there were in a different league from me, but I never quit and I always gave it one hundred percent. When the season started I practiced hard. While I was practicing my tamates and I were playing a fun game. But it all vanished in an in stant when all I could see was Darl entire body come crashing down on my leg. I fell towards the ground and could feel nothing but throbbing pain in my right leg. And all I could think about was, "is it all over".


No comments: