Friday, October 17, 2008

Conclusions

Never take a right turn on red when you're not supposed to. I learned this lesson the hard way. One sunday morning as I came from another grueling practice. I felt so exhausted, that I could barely stand straight. I just remembered that I had to drive my mom's car home. All I wanted to do his head bak home and hit the sack, that was the only thing that kept me going as a limped to the car. I turned on the ignition, paused got into the driving posItion. Then took off from the driveway. I so tired that I could barely concentrate on the road. I saw the light flash red and made a quick "right turn" unknowingly I had missed the "NO TURN ON RED" sign. All I saw was a grey Mercedes-Benz as it was heading straight at me.


I awake to the sounds of sirens, and my life was never the same again. That will be a day I will never forget. The series of events that took place were unpredictable. I began the day just as usual with a bowl of cereal and some toast. All I heard was a crash and then a scream coming from outside.


As I fell through the arc, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This was bound to happen because of all the reckless choices that I made. Looking back now I wonder what could I have changed. Could this have been preventable. As all these questions were lingering in my mind, I saw my life flash before my eyes.


The echo of his voice reverberated through the forest. He was lost. on the way back from school, I remembered that I had to meet up with a friend across town. I got off the bus and saw him waiting at the corner for me. We had to get to the mall before it closed at eight o'clock. We only had fifty minuets left. To save some time I thought of a shortcut through the woods.



I took a sigh of relief as I closed the program, but then I realized I forgot to save it. I thought to myself, I had just lost everything. One Sunday Night, I spent the rest of the day working for the hardest english essay of my life. I was running out of time, and I had to concentrate.

No comments: