Monday, November 3, 2008

Crucible HW

1. Mrs Putnam: "Tituba knows how to speak to the dead, Mr. Paris...I take it on my soul, but who else may surely tell us what person murdered my babies?"(pgs. 15-16)

In this quote Mrs. Putnam is telling Parris, that she has been sending Ruth to see Tituba, so she can conjure the dead. She knoews it is a sin to do this but she accepts her faith. If she is doing all of this she must have a clue, "who are what does she think murdered her babies?"

2. Abigail: "Now look you. All of you. We danced. And Tituba conjured Ruth Putman's dead sisters. And that is all. And mark this. Let either of you breathe a word... about the other things I will come to you in the black of some terrible night and I will bring a pointy reckoning that will shudder you. And you know I can do it."

In this quote it is clear that Abigail is scared if anyone found out their secret. So she is threatening to kill anyone who mentions a word of what happens. This all leads to the question, "What exactly happened last night?"

No comments: