Monday, December 1, 2008

Proctor to Sons

Dear Sons,

As you have heard your mother and I have been arrested on the grounds of witchcraft. Do not fret my sons and do not get angry against the court. I have accepted my faith an should you. Don not seek revenge against the court, remember what I have taught you and live an honest life.

I leave this letter as a final wish I would like all of you to partake in. First I would like you to look after your mother and sibling. Protect her with all your might, never forget to love her. You are all she has left never forget it! As for the child, teach it all I have taught you and more.

I want you to promise me that you will always take the righteous path. Never let the corruption of the village grab hold of you. There is nothing worse than sinning just to save yourself; death is nowhere near selling yourself out. Stand firm and live your life as that of a Saint! God may be dead in Salem but he is not dead in you! Take this knowledge and lead the next generation into a haven for everyone.

Lastly, do not believe that because I am going to die, I regret ever following a righteous path. I have lived my life just as God intended so I regret nothing. Look at my not as a sign of fear but as a sign of strength.

Remember I will always love you.

Love,

Father

No comments: