Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pathos: I think a good example of Pathos in Chapter 11 would be, " And this is all the reply which I am to have the honor of expecting! I might, perhaps, wish to be informed why, with so little endeaver at civility, I am thus rejected. But it is of small importance." pg 170

For Logs it would be Darcy said," had I with greater policy concealed my stuggles, and flattered you into the belief of my being impelled by unqulified, unalloyed inclination; by reason, by reflection, by everything. But disguise of every shot is my abhorrence. Nor am I ashamed of the feeling I related. They were natural and just. Could you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your connections? To congratulate myself on the hope of relations whose condition in life is so decidedly beneath my own?" pg. 171

For Ethos it would be when Mr. Darcy says, " I have no wish of denying that I did everthing in my power to seperate my friend from your sister, or that I rejoice at my success. Towards him I have been kinder than towards myself." pg. 170 This gives a good example of his character.

No comments: